Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sunny!

We were implored a number of times throughout the summer to bring some sunshine back with us upon our return to the village. I am proud to be able to report that we have finally succeeded. We were able to get it as far as Anchorage on Sunday, but the effort of dragging something as large and unwieldy as the sun across the Alaska Range apparently takes more effort than we realized. The fog has burned off (sort of) and the sun is shining (sort of). Sometimes that is the best that you can ask for in these parts.

I am focusing on getting house and classroom in some sort of functioning order before school begins next Tuesday. We have a work day on Monday, but I suspect that I will be focusing on lesson planning for the week. The actual physical arrangement of things will need to take place sooner. Of course, I could step away from the keyboard and actually move the desks stacked up on the other side of the room where I want them, but that might involve work rather than contemplation of work. Maybe I should anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment