Thursday, March 28, 2013

Life With Baby...

Hectic, but good. We are fortunate that our benefits package plus my wife's accumulated sick time allows her twelve weeks at home with our little angel (at least until she hits the Terrible Twos). Alice eats about every three hours, or sooner if she is hungry. She is a pretty good napper, having had only one day that I can remember where she was fussy for most of the day. I try to take over, except for feeding, in the evening when I get home. After Alice gets fed, my wife will usually head to bed to try to get two or three hours of early sleep. That is my alone time with my little girl, and it is my favorite time of the day. By sometime between 10:30-11:30, I am just too sleepy to keep it going and I swaddle her up and go to bed myself.

Alice is strong. We have a little swaddling device that uses velcro to secure the wrap. I put her in it last night. When she wakened my wife, she had worked herself out of the thing entirely. She spent nine months batting around uterine fibroids that were pretty big. I think that she had a workout of some significance...

1 comment:

  1. How are you adjusting to interrupted sleep? I can imagine that is an added challenge.

    ReplyDelete