Friday, May 3, 2013

Two Weeks...

Almost done. We finish with students two weeks from today. Graduation is next Friday. Another school year, this one the 4th, almost at an end.

I was thinking about my former life the other day while I was walking the dogs. It affords me a good opportunity to let my mind wander aimlessly, for the most part. The dogs pretty much know what is expected of them, and I just need to keep them out of puddles at night. The puddles are frozen in the morning.

I kind of find it hard to believe that I did what I did for thirty years, because it seems distant and unreal. Whether it is good or bad, a teacher in this village is what I am now, and that is the identity that I am content with.

A friend and former colleague asked me, not long after I first started out here, whether I missed the practice of law, and whether I ever wished to return. I said, "Not for a moment." I still feel the same way. I am not ashamed or regretful of the time that I spent as a lawyer. I still maintain my licensure. But that was another part of my life in a different time. Time for something different...

No comments:

Post a Comment