Thursday, December 5, 2013

Two Weeks Left...

I mentioned the speed of time in my last post. Nothing about that has changed. We finish the first semester two weeks from today. We will spend tomorrow afternoon making sure that our grades are reasonably current. There are only two more sets of lesson plans to prepare, and then it will be time to spend an extended break with family.

Our holiday breaks encompass both Christmases, Western and Russian Orthodox, and for that reason, it runs 3 1/2 weeks this year. Although we do not have the autumnal breaks or the spring break that many schools have, the extended Christmas break truly feels like a luxury.

We will be taking Alice to spend the time with her grandparents in Alabama. She also has cousins there now, and we anticipate a joyous reunion. I am hopeful that some of my family members will be able to make it down as well. We faced a difficult decision when it came to the geographical split in family groups. Because of the unpredictable weather at that time of the year, as well as the 1500-mile round trip involved, we concluded that Alabama in the winter and Michigan in the summer will have to be the practical solution for the forseeable future.

For my part, I am looking forward to sleeping in. It is possible that I will spend the first vacation day doing just that. Wait, I am the father of a nine-month old child. It isn't going to happen....oh, well, I can dream, can't I?

1 comment:

  1. Have a great Christmas break. Teachers deserve it. Kelly

    ReplyDelete