Thursday, July 7, 2011

Self Improvement!

The summer has tended to be lazy and unfocused, when it wasn't frantic and busy, and my partner in crime finally indicated her frustration with this state of affairs yesterday. Although I may not have liked the criticism, I had to acknowledge its accuracy. So, as of today, we are going to be on a Schedule from now on. A little structure is in order, and it will help to get back into fighting trim for the upcoming school battles.

We have a month left before we depart for the sunny climes of Western Alaska, and we aim to spend more of it on the bike saddle and in the gym. Today's festivities begin with the running of the dogs and a bike ride for yours truly before I take it to the shop for a few adjustments.

We have the super grandson, Diego, with us, and we are taking this show on the road. Off to Southern Michigan to visit my parents, and ultimately to West Virginia, where we will sample the whitewater delights of the New River Gorge. I haven't been down there in about twenty years, and I am excited about the return.

I suspect that any serious attempt at self-improvement also means more meaningful entries in this blog, although " we went here and there" is kind of boring after a while. Still, this is an ongoing project that enough people apparently enjoy enough to complain when entries are scarce. My lovely presented me with a bound and printed version for our anniversary, which will be nice to share with my parents, who tend to be technophobes of the first degree. Yes, and they also will get some snickerdoodle cookies...

It is a little after 7 am, and coffee has been consumed, morning reading is nearly finished. Time to rouse the sleeping, and get them on Schedule...

No comments:

Post a Comment