Tuesday, November 5, 2013

11 Weeks Down...

The mad rush is beginning to ease a little. Since the last post, we have had our Halloween carnival, and things will be relatively quiet now until I take high school kids over to Bethel for the district high school speech contest. That is always intense, but fun at the same time. I do not care all that much for the part that requires me to sleep on a classroom floor for two consecutive nights, but the event is generally entertaining, and I enjoy watching the kids rise to the occasion.

After that, we have Thanksgiving week, which features a big lunch for the community at which we serve. Of course, we also have a nice, long weekend. From there, it is a short rush to Christmas vacation and a long break in Alabama.

The kiddies are coming along reasonably well, although it seems that one of my seventh graders has broken his arm this afternoon. With any luck, it will be resolved simply. We shall see.

I have some kids in here enjoying some free time on their computers. Time to kick them out and go home and snuggle the baby. Night, all....

1 comment:

  1. I am sure you are ready for the breaks that are coming up. I know my son who teaches is always ready to come home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Just nice to put away the lesson planning and grading for a few days. Kelly

    ReplyDelete