Friday, December 23, 2011

Vacation May Officially Commence...

My lesson plans for my return have been prepared and mailed off. I am now set for a departure from school and related activities for the next three plus weeks. Fantastic.

It is cold here, but I took a walk to the post office at the behest of my life partner and boss (according to her students). At least it is relatively still. However, the forecast suggests that the wind is about to pick up over the next several hours, as there is a windchill advisory for values in the -25 to -45 range. Brrr...We actually get pretty used to it, but it does warrant care when traveling out of doors.

Speaking of travel, we got to be decadent and stay out late on a school night last night. The fact that it wasn't really a school night did not really detract from the wonderfulness of being out socializing with adults on a Thursday. We did not get to bed until midnight, and we did not get up until after 8 am this morning. How much fun is that?

We took a ride up to Bethel in our neighbors' very nice new truck. Much warmer than the sno-go route. I can see why people make the choice despite some limitation in utility. It was very comfy indeed. Tonight I believe that we will be having a little dessert with them. My wife has concocted some pear ice cream, if you can imagine such a thing. My in-laws were kind enough to buy us an ice cream maker, and it comes in pretty handy for this sort of thing.

Enough for now. I am going to copy lesson plans and place them on my desk. Then I am going to go home and goof around for the next three weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment