Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Down the Stretch...

We have survived the twin traumas of Testing week and Cultural week, and are back to some sort of state of semi-equilibrium. We have Prom on Friday night, and Graduation coming up as well. There is to real enormous trauma, more like a management headache and a task that needs more hands than are sometimes available for the task. No biggie.

The light is beginning to rule our lives. There is less and less darkness, and my sleep tends to follow light and dark closely at this time of year. My kids are coming in sleepier and crabbier by the day. Getting them to do things is getting more tricky. No biggie.

My mind is filled more and more with thoughts of going back to Michigan to see my friends and family. It will have been nearly ten months since I have seen many of them by the time that we return. Although the holiday break in Anchorage was simpler and less tiring than our usual mad dash back east, we haven't gotten to see many of our loved ones in a long time. No biggie.

My baby was very cranky yesterday, but she woke up this morning with a smile for Daddy. That's why the rest of this is no biggie...

No comments:

Post a Comment