Sunday, August 18, 2013

More Fish!

We have been gifted beautiful fish on two occasions within the past week. The freezer is full right now...

On Wednesday last, our friends called to tell us that their was a boatload of fish coming up the river, and that some of them had our names on them. We went over, and there was a wagon load of enormous silver salmon. Longer than my arm. Bigger around, too. It was late, at least for us, so we took the load over to the school and stuck them in the refrigerator in my wife's classroom. On Thursday, we had a fish-cutting party. Our neighbor and our babysitter joined the festivities.

This afternoon, my boss knocked at the door with an offer of more fish. We gladly took a couple more, and I did the honors while wife and baby watched. We now have 25 good sized salmon fillets in the freezer for the rest of the year. We usually get multiple meals out of each fillet, so we are well set.

I am grateful to the Joekay family, and to my boss, for the generosity. Tonight's dinner had been swimming up the river earlier today!

No comments:

Post a Comment