Saturday, August 17, 2013

Very Happy...

First week update. So far, very good. We got our class design finished, and it is a good one. Credit goes to the kids for a job well done. They seem to be rolling well with the changes that I have made in instruction, and I have maintained a positive mindset, which seems to go well in the classroom. Some credit here goes to Alice, because she makes me think more creatively about stuff. I think that is bleeding over to the older kids.

Next week will see a tighter focus on academics, and we will see how that goes. I have inherited two students from other classrooms. One is in my math class, and will only be with me for 90 minutes each day. The other will be around longer, and will be more challenging. I will see if we can overwhelm her with niceness. Hope it works, because I like our chemistry, and I would hate to see it disturbed.

We have a full weekend "off," which means that I only have some lesson planning to do. We are focusing on trying to use full weekends for full family time. Another experiment whose results shall be seen over time.

Now, I have to finish filling out a spreadsheet, and get on with enjoying what looks like a sunny, beautiful day. Time for an Alice walk...

No comments:

Post a Comment