Thursday, August 29, 2013

Still Trying To Figure It Out...

We are still juggling things with power. This issue haunted us through most of the winter, and it apparently did not get resolved over the summer when it might have been. At this point (5:00 pm) I have not yet been home to see whether or not we have electricity in our house. It is still light well into the evening, but without the juice, we will not have heat or the ability to cook. As long as the power stays on at the school (which is running on its generators), we will have water pressure, although we will not have hot water. I'm definitely glad that I chose to do laundry last evening. By the way, the power did go off at the school yesterday morning, which meant no water pressure for coffee or morning showers.

The end of the world? Definitely not. Annoying and inconvenient? Definitely. We have to think about the 25 salmon fillets that we just put up in the freezer, as well as all of our food. I could bury totes full of food in the snow last winter. I don't currently have that option.

Tomorrow is the last day of the week, and the last day before the Labor Day weekend. I hope that a resolution is in sight soon...

2 comments:

  1. Miss your blogs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss them too! Hoping you haven't been without power this long!

    ReplyDelete