Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Midweek is Coming...

I told one of my kids yesterday that the school year is over ten weeks from Thursday, and she nearly screamed in delight. Who says that today's kids are jaded and have seen it all?

This week seems to be going by very quickly, too. The quarter will be finished next week, and we will be in the home stretch. Of course, there will be testing and culture week, and Camai festival, and lots to do between now and then. There is even a little more school for me after the end of our term. But I know that summer is coming, and there is a white and black bike sitting in a basement in Cadillac, Michigan, waiting for me to come and ride it. And, I know that I have signed my contract to come back and do this all over again next year. The new housing should be ready by that time, and I will have a new batch of seventh graders, and my eighth graders will be off in high school.

Ah, the turning of the seasons. It seems to have taken place so much more quickly this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment