Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Slow Summer (for blogging)...

Much happening, but not a lot of reporting in this space. Mostly because it is summer stuff and not terribly dramatic. The real drama happened in the past couple of weeks, and things have been pretty quiet since then. Mostly summer stuff.

I survived the estrogen onslaught of the all-girl (mostly) birthday party/sleepover in Grand Rapids. We took the kids to the childrens' museum, which has all kinds of stuff to keep kids busy for an indefinite span of time. We also made time to take the girls swimming and keep them generally busy, which always makes for sound sleepers at the end of the day.

Poolside entertainment has also taken place at our friend Ann's house, on a couple of occasions. I am chipping away at the homework assignments for my summer course. I have finished making submissions for the AKT2 program and am awaiting notification of the date for my exit interview. It is gratifying to feel this close to having finished the program.

The weather has been beautiful, except when it has been rainy and cold. I find that I don't mind the contrast nearly as much as I might have in the past. On the nice days, we seem to find our way onto the bikes or the walking paths. On the rainy days, we get wet.

This week probably represents a breath of quiet before things get busy over the 4th of July holiday and afterwards. We still have people to see and things to get done. It will be time to sit down and plan the rest of the vacation in the next day or so, and, of course, we will have to start planning for our return to the north. I am quietly excited, but that can wait a little while yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment