Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer Continues...

We have been on the run. Mostly to Traverse City, for family and friends to gather and celebrate. There was a briefly frightening brush that my grandson had with viral meningitis, but he was here Sunday for Father's Day, looking as if nothing had happened just a few days previously. In the meantime, his sisters met the daughters of my wife's cousin, when we took the little girls to the park and away from the hospital emergency room for a few hours. Friendships have been kindled, and now there shall be a sleepover on Wednesday night in Grand Rapids. At least five girls, moms, and cousins. And me. I will surely be outnumbered.

We went riding out in Leenanau county while visiting friends in Traverse City, and had some laughs pedaling up and down the hills there. At least we had some gasps of laughter after panting up them. It was good to see old friends again.

My poor little puppy dog got tangled up with one of the others and ended up with stitches for his troubles. He should be out of the Elizabethan collar by Friday. He is doing well otherwise, which would not necessarily have been my prediction on the way to the veterinarian's office with him in my lap.

There have been some scrapes, and falls, and scares, but it has all worked out. The summer continues, with more adventures to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment