Thursday, November 17, 2011

Back Again...

We are sitting here with sleepy eyes in the Yute Air terminal in Bethel, waiting for the plane that will carry us back to home, family, and work. The tough thing about these gigs is sleeping two nights in a row on a classroom floor and then getting up early, flying back, and going straight to work for the rest of the day. What I would like is a nap at some time, and probably sooner than it is scheduled today.

On the other hand, there are certainly tougher jobs, and I was tired enough last night that I slept pretty well on the air mattress. I always see lots of people from around the district at these affairs, and this time was no different. In fact, another group from another school just walked in and up to the counter. It is fun, even when it is tiring.

Since the last paragraph, I have gone to the plane, taken the five-mile flight home, walked to the school in the -10 degree temperatures, and am in my classroom listening to the kids tell me how much more they learned from the sub than from me. Who knows, they might be right. The sub did mention how wild they are in the afternoon after math class. Same thing I have been noticing all year. Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment