Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday...

The drummers are drumming and singing in the gym. We have a half-hour of Yup'ik dancing every Friday, and that is where "my kids" are, whether they be junior high, which I just sent there, or the 5th grade math class, which I will go and gather at 11:30. Junior high is working on research papers, and 5th grade is going to either work on survey results or play math games. After that, I will send them to lunch and this part of the day is done.

We are going to dine with the folks across the hall tonight, and I understand that lasagna is in the offing, as well as something called pizza soup. Sounds interesting. One of our friends graced us with a big fillet of halibut recently, and that became fish tacos the other night. The rest will likely become halibut chowder this weekend. Yum.

The weekend looms, and our responsibilities go no farther than grades and lesson plans. No travel, no tournaments, and I believe no fundraisers. Ok, I could be wrong on the last one...the seniors are still working in earnest to come up with money for the senior trip, and need to seize any chance that presents itself.

Time to go get some kiddies...

No comments:

Post a Comment