Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Quick Note...

I am at the school getting my supplies ready for an afternoon of lesson planning and housekeeping. I have learned the joys (!) of lesson planning at home...I just need to check and see what books I will need to plan reasonably.

Lots going on...we need to get grades ready by Monday morning, which necessitates weekend work. Fortunately, I have made grading a priority this semester, and the net effect of the deadline is minimal...I mostly have to get citizenship grades done for the nine week period.

On the home front, I want to get the apartment cleaned...the dishes are already nearly done, and laundry will have to await the neighbors.

We took a nice ride to Bethel last evening, and picked up some supplies and stopped for sushi at VIP restaurant, our favorite hangout. It was a nice night for a ride-the sun does not set now until nearly 9 PM, and the riding is good. Our sno-go was doing a strange thing a couple of weeks ago, so I applied the principles of Zen mechanics to it-I did nothing. When I started it as a test yesterday, it was not doing that any more. Genius!

It looks like a beautiful day for a ride today, but at $7.80 a gallon for gasoline, joyriding would seem to be out of the question.

Nine weeks from today, we will be on vacation. Seniors have placed the request with District Office for airplane tickets to Chicago, which means that we intend to come to Michigan. We just have to await confirmation.

Time to get back to work and stop goofing around. I plan to mix goofing and some last minute grading tomorrow morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment