Sunday, April 1, 2012

Back Again and Again...

I wasn't really gone, just silent. Not much to say, except that the time has been going by quickly, and we are closing on the home stretch of the school year. I filed our taxes electronically for the first time today, and that was kind of fun. Never thought I could say that. Not and be telling the truth...

The weekend has been pleasant and unfocused. We have been hanging around together and chilling. Some random housekeeping chores have gotten done, but nothing heroic. I could stand to do dishes.

That, and this, are my two upcoming resolutions. We are playing in a diet and exercise contest with one of the other teachers here, and we each have to give up a bad habit and cultivate a new good one. I guess that this is my good habit, and that neglecting to do the dishes every night is my bad one.

As is true at the end of every school year, it is time to look ahead at changes that are on the horizon. A few are coming here, but some of them are still in the working stage. I will be moving my classroom, as I will have one of the bigger classes in the school next year, and need the room for desks and kids. It will be interesting to go to new digs, although I will miss my smart board set up. Selfish, aren't I??

The clock is meandering toward 6 o'clock, and I suppose that lesson plans are a necessity at this point. The set-up will be strange, as we have state testing this week, and the schedules have not been finalized as yet. I am not entirely sure what I am going to be doing this week, so it is a little hard to tell what I need to prepare for. I guess that I will slap something together this evening for Monday and the afternoon sessions as necessary. Maybe a movie, too...it is kind of hard to anticipate what it will all look like.

The sun is staying around very late these days-sunset will be after 9:30 tonight...spring is definitely on its way. Lots of ice in the river, and lots of snow will make for an interesting break-up event this year.

Time to get ready for the week to come, and all of its wonders...

No comments:

Post a Comment