Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Back to the Grind...

Bright, shiny faces in place this morning..at least it seems that way. We will see how they respond as the day wears on, but we all seem to have gotten some rest from our extended hiatus. I suspect that we may have needed a little break.

Now, it is on to the end. We only have a short week this week, and three full ones to follow. The last week will be over on Thursday for the kids. The last couple of those days are not exactly full of academic rigor (the term that I may hate above all others). Some of these kids have been with me for three years, and they will be leaving at the end of the year for high school. I am going to feel a little wistful when they do.

The good news is that I am excited about the prospects for next year's group. I think that it will be a good one to work with, and I hope that I will be a year older and wiser myself. At least, I can hope that will be the case.

My beloved is out in Bethel with a group of students preparing for a performance piece that will be exhibited this Friday and Saturday. I may try to catch it, depending on weather conditions Those will also dictate the means by which I get my in-laws out to Bethel, so that they can catch their return flight to Anchorage and ultimately back to the Midwest. I took my wife to Bethel yesterday, and the river was in pretty good shape, except for a few wet spots. The snow was kind of greasy, but the trip was do-able. The question will be how long this will continue to be the case. I am hopeful that things will be ok through Friday afternoon. After that, all bets can be off...

The in-laws are taking school pictures this morning. Tomorrow, we will have an awards ceremony and prize drawing for the kids that worked hard during the recent SBA testing. The week, such as it is, is a little broken up already.

On to the fray...

No comments:

Post a Comment