Saturday, April 7, 2012

One More Plan to Go...

I have been back from a meeting in Bethel, which gave me the excuse to go for a ride...it is a very pleasant day for that sort of thing, and I was glad for the opportunity. Now it is 4:30 and I have only one more class to plan for to be prepared for next week. Of course, this is an easy week to plan for, as we are taking up several of the afternoons with cultural week activities. Still, it is always nice to have planning out of the way so that I can have time for reading or play.

It is warm here, so warm that I rode wearing insulated coveralls over long underwear and was perfectly comfortable. I enjoy this time of year, and the river is so solidly frozen that I have seen no overflow this winter in a long time. I suspect that the ice will be slow in breaking up. My understanding is that there have been years in which the teachers were able to ride snowmachines out of the village as they left at the end of May. We will see how that goes this year.

Now, for reading, and then I can call it a day...lesson plans, that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment