Sunday, April 22, 2012

Kind of Slow Today...

Not too bad-a pretty relaxing weekend overall. Eric Jung and I managed to get my wife's parents to Bethel without incident, thanks to a quick cold snap, and they got off to Anchorage. I stuck around to watch the show that our kids were involved in, and got pressed into service as a janitor and chauffeur...when I drive one of the district Suburbans, it always seems to be #4, and this time was no exception. I amused myself by trying to (safely) shorten the distance between me and my beloved, who was driving the other van. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. I had taken half of a personal day, and ran into my boss at the district office while I was shuttling kids. It was fun to be working on my afternoon off. Really! The kids were polite and thankful for the ride, and I got lunch bought for me, and a free pass into the show that evening.

The show itself was wonderful, even though I was getting tired and sleepy in the dark auditorium. The kids and their artist advisers and teachers had done a great job setting up a showcase for the stories that they had to tell. Afterward, we took the kids to a local restaurant for burgers and pizza. Yum. I got back on my snowmachine with a full tummy and got back home at about 10:45. It was still light out when I got the dogs outside to do their necessary business.

My darling came back last night with the kids, and we had a joyful reunion. It has been a great couple of weeks. We very much enjoyed having my wife's parents here, and they seem to have enjoyed the introduction to our friends, our village, and our way of life.

My lesson plans are finished, and I have taken a spin on the spinner. Time to kick back and read a little tonight before I rest up for another week of school...

No comments:

Post a Comment