Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day the Last (as far as I know...)

I believe that this is the last of cultural days...I am not sure how far kids will get with their projects today, and I am not sure whether they will finish or not, but I am told that this is the end of cultural week. They will need to get done today.

We will still have a cultural agenda of sorts in the morning. Our junior high movie has been storyboarded, and is ready to begin shooting tomorrow. We aren't clear about whether there will be one or two units doing the shooting, but I guess that will be figured out. The deadline is approaching...

My wife's parents arrived last night in Bethel. It is symbolic of the small-town atmosphere here that we saw no fewer than four different people that we knew walking into the Era Airlines terminal to greet the folks. We even managed to introduce some of them...

We had gone into town early to pick up our machine from the shop and a few groceries as well. Because we did not wish to try to get to the airport by snowmachine, we dropped them at our favorite restaurant and caught a cab to the terminal. As fate would have it, the same cab driver was still waiting outside (fate or planning?) when we came out with the visitors. After a quick ride back to the restaurant, we were ready to saddle up for a ride down the rather slushy river.

We disembarked two damp and jet-lagged parents at the house, and hauled their bags up the stairs. They have been wandering around the school this morning, and I am not quite sure where they have gotten off to now, although I do hear drumming in the gym, so it is possible that they can be found there.

Off to corral students for the rest of the day until 4 pm...more later on the adventures of the invaders...

No comments:

Post a Comment