Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Few More Bodies This Morning...

It is not quite as spacious in here as it was yesterday. One of the kids is cleaning out a desk. I suspect that represents an effort to prepare for year end, which is three weeks away. There are more kids, and they seem a bit more awake than Wednesday. I found them to be pretty good company on the whole yesterday, although they were very silly by the end of the day. Several of the boys were wrestling in the hallway like puppies, and the girls weren't that far behind. Hell, I was feeling pretty silly by the time that I went home, although that probably had more to do with entering after-school attendance, a catch-up task that was pretty mind-numbing.

I have been planning to move down to the current 5/6 grade room at year's end, because I will likely have the largest single group of kids next year under the proposed alignment as I understand it. However, I am beginning to have second thoughts. That room has a much lower ceiling, and I am not sure whether it would introduce a level of claustrophobia that I am very much trying to avoid. I think that I will try to figure out some re-alignment of the current space, which affords me much storage, and determine whether we can stick 2-4 more desks into that space. Besides, I like my smart board a lot, and want to keep it...

No comments:

Post a Comment