Monday, April 9, 2012

Beading Room in the Afternoon...

It is getting a little warm and sleepy in here...I have been roaming elsewhere through much of the day. Kids are working on carving and knitting and dancing and a bunch of other stuff. The sun is hitting the back window in here, and there are a lot of bodies as well. Sewing machines are cycling in the background. It is the first day of cultural week, and it seems as if things are going ok. There have been no major disasters that I am aware of at this point.

One of my darlings from my first year is still trying to goad me two years later. Some people like to work harder at it than others. That is kind of her nature, though, so there is no reason to expect a whole lot differently.

Over in the kitchen, several of my current crop of kids are wrestling with the mysteries of fry bread. There is apparently to be a taste-off to compare two different methods of preparation. Unfortunately, I am on a diet, and this is not one of my days off. No fry bread for me. I like fry bread, so this is not one of those hollow examples of mourning.

Word has it that the fishing kids have gotten a mess of pike. I suspect that it will be arriving on these shores soon.

Today, we did activities for the whole day. Tomorrow and Wednesday, we will do them for a half day only. On Thursday, we will have a regular day of school. More adventures as the week progresses. I came here roughly four years for the first time, during a cultural week event. Now, I am finishing my third year here, and am looking forward to a fourth. Funny how time slips away...

No comments:

Post a Comment