Thursday, April 19, 2012

Quick Week...

Wow, it's Thursday already! Something about two days spent on other stuff, even if some of it is boring, I suppose. The sun is rising earlier and earlier, and staying up later and later. Many sleepy faces this morning. Some heads down on the desks. Mostly the ones who regularly brag about how late they stayed up the night before. Four more weeks, and a few have been checked out for a while. The fortunate thing is that they are the exception to the rule.

We will stagger through reading the theatrical adaptation of the Diary of Anne Frank for the next few weeks. I am hopeful that the process of putting the movie together last week will help them to understand the requirements of telling a story to an audience. Maybe. This is a strange and trance-like time of year. It seems as if many of us are walking around in a haze. I managed to sleep through my 6:45 am alarm this morning, and got up nearly half an hour late. It is fortunate that the alarm is set early. My in-laws tumbled out of bed, bleary-eyed, at about 7:50. Well, one of them did...

Of course, they were busy taking school photographs for most of the day yesterday, and my mother-in-law was kind enough to clean the refrigerator and house. It has been a blast having visitors here, and helpful ones are really an added benefit.

I made an unscheduled chauffeur run to Bethel last evening, and the river is still holding. It is, however, wet in some significant spots. I think that it will hold long enough to allow for one more trip up tomorrow afternoon. We are starting to get warnings about breakup, and there is a lot of snow and ice that will have to come into the river and make its way to the sea. The real question will be whether it makes it down cleanly, or whether there are flooding conditions that need to be dealt with. More on this as it develops...

1 comment:

  1. She cleaned the fridge too, I love my mother! I think it may be worth bringing her back every year! I love you, mom.

    ReplyDelete