Friday, October 21, 2011

And Grades, Too...

One more item to the list for the weekend...our grades are due Tuesday morning. That is the same day that I am scheduled to fly to Bethel for the speech tournament. This weekend is gonna be a doozy...I am sitting in my classroom, which has been appropriated as a team room for this weekend's wrestling tournament, which begins in approximately 75 minutes. It will be unavailable for me until the teams leave tomorrow afternoon, and that puts a further crimp into my weekend of work. Oh, well, no point in complaining. This is the lot in life of a teacher in the Bush. Our time is not generally our own. Nothing, or very few things, happen here unless we put them on. My biggest adjustment in this regard has been the very long weekend nights that are spent staging the events. We have only started this process because basketball, the Holy Grail of Delta sports, has not begun yet. This is just the warm-up...

No comments:

Post a Comment