Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Looks Like It Might Let Loose...

It has been cloudy and humid all day, and it looks as if the change is finally going to come. The radar is showing a nice thick line of weather all lit up in red. It looks as if it is actually becoming more intense as it comes off from Lake Michigan. I want the rain for my newly transplanted daylilies, so I am pretty ok with it.

I am getting comfortable with the pace of vacation, and I have to say that I find it pretty darn nice. It is one of the nice highlights in this summer of disaster. There are apparently new, and depressing develpoments in the ongoing oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico. That is an area that I have grown to love over the years, and it makes me sad to see the toll that this is taking on the people that live down there.

We have Alexis, my oldest granddaughter, here for a couple of days. I am trying to spend some time with all of the kids while I am here for the summer. We are going to do some exciting gardening and other fun activities tomorrow. I suspect we can find other, more entertaining things to do as well.

Last night, we had a reasonably impromptu beer tasting session in preparation for the selection of wedding beverages. When I watch my honey at work, I see how amazing she is and realize how lucky that I am. She can really put on a party, and it was nice to do some visiting with friends. More will come as the summer progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment