Saturday, September 10, 2011

Another Week...

And a quick one at that. Here and gone. Time to prepare for the next. This one includes both standardized testing (a new one this year) and parent-teacher-student conferences. I find it very hard to plan for weeks like this one. The days are very broken up, and the lack of continuity is a challenge, especially for junior high kids, who I think do better with a higher level of uniform structure in the school day. It cannot be helped, however, and we will just have to get through it.

My step son lost his father suddenly this morning. I got a call from his mother, and the day has been sad and tiring since then. I think that he is learning how much people care about him, and that is a bright light in a difficult time. His mom is back in Michigan tonight, and she will be able to spend a few days helping him to get a little bit of balance as he struggles to deal with his loss.

We had pretty much decided to stay here in Alaska for the Christmas holidays. This changes that equation, pretty much for good at this time. I guess that it is time to look at Plan B....

No comments:

Post a Comment