Friday, September 30, 2011

Miscellaneous...

It is the end of the work week, but the school is still busy. I hear the voices and footfalls of the young wrestlers flocking into the gym for this afternoon's practice. There will be two more in the next two days, as they prepare for their first tournament of the season next Friday. I know there are open gym sessions scheduled as well. It gets more quiet on the weekend, but the school never stops being a community center. It has a life of its own.

We will be out of here as soon as my bride finishes something she is working on. She said five minutes. It has been longer. I may buy her a stopwatch. I am sure that she will read these words with pleasure. We are going to take off shortly, but we will be back in the morning.

I expect to go to Joe's house to steam tonight. He and I discussed it yesterday. If nothing intervenes, I expect to be very clean in a few hours. A good night's sleep usually ensues.

School seems to be going well enough, but there are always frustrations and regrets. I did stop to realize that the solo act in junior high has not been the total disaster that I feared. It has not been a total success, but a new challenge always presents difficulties. At least I can say that all have survived up to this point.

Snow is in the weather forecast with some frequency in the next several days. I will keep a lookout for any signs. I thought that there was some mixed in with the rain the other day.

The sun is shining, and that bodes well for a walk later today. We will have to see how that works. We have taken walks on all but one night this week, and we have had a couple of invitations for tea and baby visits. Much more civilized than sitting home and watching TV or playing video games. It makes a nice break at the end of the work day.

We are on to the month of October as of tomorrow. Baseball playoffs are starting. Go Tigers!

No comments:

Post a Comment