Thursday, September 8, 2011

Short Week...

This post comes from the front lines...I am sitting in my classroom during my prep period, while the kids are in their Yup'ik class...we are making the transition to a dual-immersion language program in this school over the next few years. At this point, we use alternative languages in the common areas during alternate days. I must admit that my Yup'ik is minimal, and I need to work on it, but I am really self-conscious when I pronounce a word and the class laughs in unison. I will need to take some classes to renew my professional license after I get it, and I know that there are Yup'ik language classes offered at the college extension in Bethel. That is that plan at this time. I just need to work on my vocab and pronunciation.

This is a very short week, with the holiday and an inservice on Tuesday. It is already over tomorrow. The weekend is going to be busy. Lesson plans and e-board meetings for the union. Next week will mark the first round of parent-teacher-student conferences. The year is moving into higher gear...

No comments:

Post a Comment