Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday and a Day of Rest (sort of)...

Yesterday was the day that I got work done despite the situation. The power went out, I couldn't concentrate very well after the sad news, and I sat through a 2 1/2 hour meeting on Skype in the middle of the day. I managed to volunteer myself for union newsletter duty in the middle of that somehow. Oh well, I enjoy writing.

I actually got more done than I expected to, and we took a nap in the middle of the day to catch up on a little lost sleep. However, by 8:20 or so last evening, I was not done with my work, but I was done with my brain's ability to function. We began to head out of the building and home for the evening. As we stopped to visit with a couple of staff members that were still working, I got a phone call from Joe summoning me to steam. I begged off, citing the strains of the day and the fact that we were just leaving work for the day. Joe accepted graciously, but my wife, clearly the wiser of the two of us, insisted that I go. Sara, our next door neighbor, echoed the sentiments. I was clearly outnumbered, and neither of them would take "no" for an answer. I texted a message to Joe telling him that there was a change of plans, and that I would be there shortly.

Of course, the women were smarter. It turned out to be exactly what I needed under the circumstances. I got relaxed and refocused. I came in this morning and got my plans finished, and I am now ready for a little birthday party action this afternoon...time for a little relaxation before what will be a busy week...

No comments:

Post a Comment