Sunday, September 18, 2011

Glad For The Weather...

By the way, it has been beautiful this weekend. The days have the feel of crisp fall Saturdays. The only element missing is tailgating and football. I get the scores from the internet, but feel largely detached from something that I used to consider an essential part of the weekend. This is the third year of that phenomenon, and it surprises me that I am more interested in internet service for the house than I am in satellite TV. When we do have time, we prefer to spend it reading, walking around the village, and visiting. It is a flashback to a different time, before the tube ruled our lives. I like it, and it may account for my lack of urgency in the television department. That, and Fox News...

2 comments:

  1. I ran across your blog quite by accident and have enjoyed catching up...OK, so I haven't read all of the back-blogs, but I'm making headway! My wife and I are planning to move to AK as soon as I finish my coursework on my PhD and work as therapists (she is a MSW and I am a professional counselor). Thanks for a glimpse inside your transition to life in AK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your gracious words, and I hope that your transition is successful. I hope that you will enjoy Alaska as much as we do!

    ReplyDelete