Monday, May 7, 2012

Penultimate Week!

I just love that word...I use it as often as possible...no, not "week."

I have this damn cold that my darling wife brought me from her travels that seems to be hanging on. I suspect that a clinic visit may be in the offing if it doesn't improve in the near future.

I will be interested to see the level of attendance and interest from the kiddies this week. The light is longer, the weather is nicer, and the birds are there for the hunting. That is some powerful competition, and I certainly understand why.

We have an intramural basketball league that has been playing games since the regular season ended. Basketball is the king of sports out here. It will cost a dollar to get in. I think that I may pick up the tab for some of my worthies. Some of them may be playing in the games, and that will get them in free.

I can hear more birds arriving and calling every day as we take our evening stroll. One of my students says that he saw a flock of swans this morning.

Sunset tonight: 11:07. I tried to go to bed last night at 10:30, and the task was made more complex by virtue of the fact that the sun was shining directly at the window next to the bed. We have blackout curtains, but they don't stop the light from coming around them. The other complicating factor was my incessant coughing. Finally got that under control, and slept ok for the rest of the night. I need to get better in the next week so that I can be ready for senior trip.

Time to run-school is ready to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment