Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Hanging With The Ladies...

Today, I am in my wife's classroom again, only now some of the girls are in here. The boys had been here, getting set up for the photo part of their storytelling project, but they have departed for the great outdoors. Some girls have mover out of the adjacent classroom, because it was oppressively warm in there.

We are in the second day of the cultural week/district dance festival. Things seem to be running fairly smoothly, thanks to the effort of a lot of different people. We had dancing last night until 11 pm, and I judge it to have been a hit. More of the same tonight, with a different order among the groups. The weather is wonderful for wandering the village, and I know that my father-in-law has been taking Alice for walks in the afternoons. Although I am extremely tired by the end of the evening, this has been fun so far. Tomorrow will be the challenging day, as my experience suggests that kids begin to get a little ragged with their projects at about that point. Then again, it may be no problem at all.

A check of the calendar shows that our school and work year comes to an end four weeks from today. We both continue to react to the reality of our departure. I am just a little concerned that we may be avoiding some of the packing-related activities that we need to complete, because of our reluctance to acknowledge the end of our time out here, at least for now. We still have a lot to get done.

But now, we are enjoying this short burst of crazy for as long as it lasts, and I think that is the way that it should happen. A slow and pleasant farewell seems like an excellent idea...


No comments:

Post a Comment