Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Sleep Deprived...

Alice is definitely cutting more teeth, which leads to 4 am daddy calls...I love her, but there is not enough coffee in the world today...this could be a long afternoon.

We have a meeting of the district dance festival committee this afternoon. I am one of the two people apparently on said committee. Logistics remain to be worked out, and this is the day on which it must happen.

For now, I have a class full of giggly girls and silly boys. It is funny how quickly one can learn how to command their attention. Where will I use that skill in the future? I am not sure how transferable it is. I can, however, apparently turn students to stone with my gaze-that may come in handy with recalcitrant witnesses in the future.

(From Wednesday's perspective): We managed to make it through the day unscathed. I find that my students get a little better as the week progresses, as routines kick back into place. These kids are a pretty good bunch on the whole, and I find that I am usually satisfied with their behavior as a whole. This is not the same thing as suggesting that they are perfect. But they are pretty darn good...



No comments:

Post a Comment