Sunday, April 27, 2014

Rest and Recovery...

Yesterday was a day of much sleep and rest. Cultural week, with the dance festival every night, was exhausting. I didn't get home from work until 11 PM or so each night, and I walked in the last night at 11:57. I could barely keep my eyes open Friday afternoon while attempting to write lesson plans. My wife was busting it in the kitchen, working on a feast of staggering proportions for the community. All in a good effort. I thought the week went wonderfully, and that the event was enjoyed by all.

Yesterday was time to catch up on a number of fronts. I did laundry all day. I lost track of the number of loads. We usually wash twice a week. It did get done, and I just have a little bit to put away.

Speaking of Little Bit, as we call her, she did not want to go down for a nap for some reason yesterday. It took one trip to the play deck and the gym, and then a walk, before she finally fell asleep, at three in the afternoon. We obligingly joined her. There were sleeping bodies scattered around the house.

The long-term effect of this was that we ended up walking the same baby around the village at 11 PM last night. My wife went off to steam with one of the Matushkas (priest's wife), and I put Miss Bit to sleep after her bath at about midnight. Craziness. It is hard to get to bed when it is still light out.

We all slept soundly, and are preparing for a walk, and perhaps a visit to church, with my wife's dad. One of our village elders passed on last evening, and I suspect that we will visit the vigil at his house some time later. We need to do lesson plans, but they just seem like less of a priority today...

No comments:

Post a Comment