Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Time Just Gets Away...

It's already Wednesday, and I thought I was keeping on top of this thing. We had a couple of days without internet. We have our own network in the building, and we were generously (if I must brag on us) sharing with some visitors that we have had lately. Unfortunately, the high school teacher that was visiting from Fairbanks, apparently used to unlimited service, shared our password with his four students. Needless to say, we reached our limit before the end of the billing cycle. So, we shut off the wi-fi for a couple of days.

I am actually blogging at school, just killing a little time while my kids have some after-school free time on their computers. I can do this here as well, but I lost track of the days.

We are in the midst of more mandated testing, this time computer-based. It tends to work best with machines that are updated frequently. Ours are a little behind. For that, and other reasons, we had some issues with applications that crashed in the middle of a test. It got a little hectic there for a while. I will not miss juggling some of the tech issues.

In other news, the weather is warm again, and the slough had moving ice in it last night. That has come to a halt as of this morning. A check of the ice condition information available doesn't shed much light on the overall condition of the river. It is interesting that less than three weeks ago, I was able to drive my car on the river, albeit for the last time. The vehicle is now for sale...

Three weeks from today, my teaching career is done out here, at least for now. Both of us are excited about returning to friends and family, but we have friends and family here, too. I sense some reluctance, and I suspect that we have been a little lax about getting things organized for our departure. There is no avoidance, however, and we shall have to begin preparations in earnest. The big push will come this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment