Friday, May 2, 2014

Another Week In The History Books

Friday again, and another week draws to a close. Tonight we have prom, which is fun, because we get to see the kiddies that we see in blue jeans daily in their dress-up clothes. It is always fun. A week from now is graduation. My wife has been asked to do the honors and address the graduates. She is a sentimental soul (one of her fine points) and I suspect that her heart will be very full as she speaks, or tries to. The graduates were my 8th graders in my first year, so I may be a little verklempt as well.

We are making very slow progress on sales and packing. My guess is that we will be going crazy that last week. So much to do, and so little time in which to do it. We are both beat by the end of the day, and Alice keeps us pretty busy without any help. It will get done, I know, and it will be easier if I don't spend a bunch of time fretting about it. I will be happy if we can get our car sold, because it saves me the decision of what to do with it if it doesn't.

Our friends and family back home are getting excited. I am going to have to get used to being something other than a teacher from Alaska...

No comments:

Post a Comment