Monday, May 5, 2014

UP and Running

The kiddies are taking their math test. I have tried to create a calm environment, and they appear to be working quietly. It is a joy to watch their faces at a time like this. At least for the moment, there is no frustration, no distress. They are just concentrating calmly and going about their business.

Ah, my first pause of the day. I can control the test in that fashion, and I have one student who can be counted on to go early. She has.

The first wiggles are beginning to set in, and we have a latecomer. I expect at least one more.

Dang. I need to use the bathroom. Poor planning on my part. Of course, we teachers have super-strong bladders.

Current length of visible light: 18 hr. 30 min. That explains a lot of insomnia and a lot of sleepy heads during the day. It will get worse during the next two weeks.

The temps have cooled off notably from last week. The river is breaking up quickly, however. The ice went out at Bethel on the 2nd. They had the annual breakup party yesterday afternoon. There is a fair amount of ice moving down the river, and there was an ice dam in the slough here this morning.  I didn't notice much effect, however. It doesn't seem as if there is a lot of backup going on along the Kusko, at least.

I have grading to catch up on. I find it hard to do so while proctoring. The observation part of it requires too much attention. I guess that my wife and I are going to trade off child duties so that each of us can work this afternoon. I might as well get around to some organization, though. More later.


No comments:

Post a Comment