Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Curfew Siren Sounds Later

It is summer here, now. The curfew siren goes off at 11, not 9 pm now. It has been going off for a couple of minutes now, actually. I will be glad when it stops, so it doesn't wake the baby.

We finished up today, and it went better than I think we feared it would. There was sentiment, and the principal gave us a nice little speech, and people clapped and a few tears were sniffled, but it wasn't bad overall. I think that there was just too much to get done for us to have the luxury of  extended sadness. Our kids gave us a couple of big going away cards, so I need to scrounge up a cardboard tube to transport them back to Michigan in.

Tomorrow is a work day. I have a lot of the stuff on my list finished at this point. I suspect that I will not be around all day, but I am in no enormous hurry, so I am not going to sweat it. I shut off the alarm on my phone this morning, and I will be glad not to have to use it for a while.

Thursday will begin the big push to get packed and shipped. We have a few days here before we leave, and we can do some visiting, and maybe get a steam or two in before we leave.

A little wistful, a lot relaxed, and looking forward to the next part of our family adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment