Tuesday, May 6, 2014

More Testing

Today is the day that I do catch-up MAPS testing with my junior high kids. The funny thing is that there are almost no exceptions. I think that there are four kids who will be working independently in the library. Nearly every one of them missed one of the tests or did so dismally on them that the result is likely aberrational. So I test, or re-test, as the case may be. These tests determine student progress, so it is thought to be important to make sure that they give their all, so that we get an accurate picture of their status. That can be a serious challenge at this time of the year.

My wife has been asked to address the graduating seniors, and I am helping to edit her speech. That is my night job. That, and Alice juggling. My wife is also working on writing curriculum for a class that she is teaching, so she will need to spend some more time over here tonight.

This is the nature of our existences these days. Run, run, run.

No comments:

Post a Comment