Sunday, May 4, 2014

3 Weeks Left

The emails went out from the boss today. Check out forms for the end of year ritual. The usual stuff. Different this year, of course.

Prom was Friday night, and Alice was a little more active this year than last. She spent a good deal of the evening chasing and kicking balloons. The kids at the school think she is going to be a "baller," because she loves to be in the gym. I think the ball in her life will be a soccer ball. She loves to chase and kick round objects.

We walked down to the river last night, and there was lots of open water. I guess that the tripod at Bethel went down yesterday, and there was video of moving ice on Facebook from Bethel today. I walked to the airport to meet one of our teachers, and there was a lot of moving ice out there. Breakup is officially here. No report of ice jams, mercifully. Late addendum: there is a flood watch out upriver because of ice dams. I spoke too soon. We shall keep our fingers crossed.

I got an email from the boss about catching up with my math grades. First time thing for me. Things have been a little nuts with the dance fest and SBA. I will get that caught up this week. I am leaving, sure. But it is a professional thing with me. Need to keep current.

I saw three moose walking up into the village Friday morning when I had the dogs out. A cow, calf, and perhaps a bull following the two of them. That was a first. I had heard about their presence from a number of people over the past three weeks. Seeing as how I had dogs, and seeing as how moose hate dogs, I went the other way. Still, a cool sight.

I got the car sold yesterday. My friend posted a notice on a Facebook site called Bethel Bargains. A young couple saw it and called her. They came to see the car, and decided they wanted it. We made a deal after a short spell of negotiation. I will go up Saturday to complete the paperwork and transfer the title.

Another week begins in the morning. Only two full weeks of school left. The Monday and Tuesday of the following week are pretty much clean-up days. And then we will be done.


No comments:

Post a Comment