Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday, The Last

We have now moved towards the end of our time here. Next week consists of Monday and Tuesday only with students. Tuesday is a half day for them and we have the whole day to get things arranged up. Wednesday is a work day, but its length depends much upon how much we get done Monday and Tuesday.

My kids are done with their work, for the most part, and I am done with the grading, for the most part. I have some stuff to get finished, but I suspect today that we will spend most of our time playing with test scores.

We will focus heavily on packing and getting totes to the post office this weekend, and I suspect that there will be some more sales of household goods. My wife told me that isn't going to happen this weekend, though, because we still need to use a lot of that stuff.

We just had teacher appreciation day, which consisted of pizza, and a cake saying "thanks" to us and our Yup'ik teacher, who is retiring at the end of the year. I got my pin from the district honoring my five years of employment here. It kind of feels like a strange dream. It is hard to believe that all of this has happened so quickly. I wonder what the new adventure will be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment