Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Every Day, It's A Gettin' Closer...

Two weeks from today, I am done here. The kids will be gone on Tuesday, and I plan to have them doing a lot of clean up in here before they get gone. We will have the rest of the afternoon on Tuesday to wrap up stuff. Wednesday is technically a work day, but the custom has been that we can go if our list is checked off. I was out of here last year before 11 AM. I am in no big hurry this year, and there may be a few more details to attend to, but I will likely also need as much time as available for packing and preparation.

Our moving sale continues. My wife had put a notice out for this coming Sunday. I am beginning to wonder if there will be anything to sell left by that time. Folks have been drifting in since the weekend for early bargains, and a lot of merchandise has already moved out.

We were discussing postal matters with our postmaster, who came bargain hunting last night. We are going to haul totes down to the post office Saturday afternoon. He is apparently going to be gone. He will weigh them and then let us know how much postage we will need. We will then go to the USPS website and buy enough for the totes. Easier than carrying cash. Another example of the fact that logistics are always interesting around here.

Time to get back at it. I have to come up with an assignment for writing class. Another assignment, that is. We already have one going. Hump day continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment