Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Holy Crap, Time is Flying!

I can't believe the speed with which the weeks are passing already. I jut posted on Saturday, got busy, and it is Thursday tomorrow. My life is passing by at a tremendous rate of speed, and at my age that is not the most welcome news. On the other hand, things are mostly well. The kids fluctuate from day to day, but I think that is to be expected. None of us are the same person on a daily basis. I am not sure why they should be any different. I may have mentioned before that I like this group pretty well as a whole. If I haven't, I should mention it now, and if I have, I will say it again. I plan on taking over the speech program from my wife, who has a master's to work on, and that includes the junior high speech group as well. I did a chaperone gig at the high school speech competition last year, and I guess I will actually be coaching at both this year. It will give me a chance to bond better with the kids, and I am looking forward to it.

In other important news, happy anniversary to my Mom and Dad tomorrow. On September 1, they will have been married for sixty-one years. Not bad. I will be excited to make the sixty-first anniversary of my birth. Marriage is a different creature entirely. I am enjoying it quite a bit at this time, I must say. (That is to keep me out of trouble with the little woman!)

The rain continues, and I am hoping that the trend will not continue for the long holiday weekend. My review of the weather forecast does not cause optimism. It will be nice to have a few quiet days nonetheless. And the thought of no alarm clock for a couple of days doesn't exactly break my heart. A little rest will be a nice thing.

Off to home, dogs, and hearth...another day in the record books.

No comments:

Post a Comment