Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Stuff!

Exciting news reached my ears at the end of the day-three totes have arrived from the East, and some swag got here from Amazon. Our neighbors took delivery on a new 40-inch flat screen TV last night. Yes, it is horrible to be so materialistic, but when you live this far out, new arrivals are fun things. It means that I may have fresh razor blades, and other good stuff that we shipped out to ourselves. It is hard to avoid the Amazon/Home Shopping Network mindset sometimes. I found myself thinking idly about a 4-wheeler the other day. If you had asked me about that one a year ago, I would have offered consoling remarks about your sanity. Things change.

The second straight day of girls' open gym is going on, with musical accompaniment, in the background. I hear laughing, and it is clear that the role of the school as a beating central heart in the lives of its kids and the community is fully operational at this point. It will get busier from here...

No comments:

Post a Comment