Saturday, January 28, 2012

Da Chill Continues...

-61 windchill the last that I looked...what does that feel like? It is kind of hard to tell, as I made sure to cover as much of my body as was absolutely possible for the morning dog walk (read dog dash). However, I did need to keep a small patch open through which I could see. Within a matter of about a minute or less, I began to develop an "ice cream" headache caused by exposure to the wind and cold. It was, fortunately, a simple matter to turn my head away from direct exposure. I made sure to wear my goggles for the later walk to the school.

Today is a mandatory contract work day, which means that we get paid for the kinds of things that we do for free on the other weekends of the year. I have a stack of papers to grade, and plans to finish, and a project to lay out.

It is quiet here, and another week of the semester has already come and gone. One of my students is doing a news article about her perception that this year seems to be going faster than last year. She is actually interviewing some of the staff about their perceptions. I certainly think that it seems to be going faster and better than last year at this point. Two weeks down, sixteen left to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment