Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Snow Storm? Bah!

The cataclysm never arrived here...we got on the road Sunday afternoon as it started to snow, headed to downstate Michigan, and a visit with my family. The real challenge to driving ended up being some fairly heavy rain, which made visibility difficult. We managed to drive out of that after about an hour, and just had some wind to contend with on the rest of the ride.

I got to spend several days with the fam, and it reinforced the idea that this was a very necessary vacation. We have been catching up with friends and family on both sides in different cities, and we are reminded that we missed and were missed during the last several months. I am glad that we made the trip.

I must also admit that I am glad that we have missed out on the temperatures since our departure. It was -20 the day we left, and it has gotten no better since. In fact, it has gotten down into the -30 range in the past few days, and the windchill has gotten down to a dangerous -60. It has currently warmed to -29, with a windchill of -56. Lovely. I am sincerely rooting for a warm-up in the next ten days. Hope that I get my wish.

We will commence a couple days of appointments tomorrow, including the eye doctor and the dentist. We leave for Chicago a week from Friday. More friends and family to see and play with...

No comments:

Post a Comment