Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Working Through It...

We are all getting along here a day at a time. My students were flat out wonderful yesterday, and it made the day much better for us all, I believe. I am making a conscious effort to emphasize the most positive approach that I can in dealing with classroom management. I have already apparently perfected the "don't let them see you smile until Christmas" (at least Thanksgiving) approach, so it has been suggested that I have established my meanie cred. Time to lighten up a little.

We got off to a pretty good start yesterday, focusing on review and some new stuff as well. I am cautiously optimistic that the week will go smoothly from here.

My wife and I need to go out and do some visiting of the family vigils for the departed tonight. A chicken has been cooking slowly in a pot since last night to produce stock for what will likely be a delicious soup. We will take that to the families tonight.

The funeral services have not yet been definitively scheduled. I suspect that further information will be forthcoming.

I am much happier to be back here than I would have thought was the case at the end of Monday. We have again been greeted with the phrase "welcome home." How can you resist that kind of warmth? I don't plan to...

No comments:

Post a Comment