Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday

I believe that the first of the funerals that will take place this week will come this afternoon, although it has not yet been confirmed to my knowledge. The other will follow in the next couple of days. We took some soup that my wife cooked to one of the houses of the bereaved families last night, and we stayed to visit and listen to some hymn singing. It seemed like a good thing to do. We will visit the other house tonight with the rest of the soup.

We are getting the semester off to a sort of lurching start, with some frequent interruptions of the school day due to visitors and other necessities. I think that the routine is beginning to catch on, however.

Things have been so busy that I haven't had the combination of time and energy to shave my head. Joe says that he is going to shave his after his daughter's wedding on February 5. I plan to remind him. I need to get groomed and get some laundry and dishes done today at some point, but it is hard to see where that is going to fit in. The house is beginning to disappear under our residue, and we have only been there since Sunday. There is just a lot to do right now. I am optimistic that we will get around to it in the next several days-we have no choice at this point...

No comments:

Post a Comment